Notice: Changes to Advising Beginning March 16
On March 10th, 2020, IU President Michael McRobbie issued a university-wide letter with updates on the university’s plans regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The President’s recommendations were updated on March 15th with a second university-wide letter indicating that students will not return to campus for the remainder of the Spring semester.
In response to the campus plan, and with the safety and well-being of students and others in mind, all University Division advising will be conducted via phone or on-line beginning March 16. We will not be offering any in-person advising until further notice.
Here’s how you can still access advising services:
- email your assigned advisor (find their email in your Student Center under “Program Advisor”)
- email email@example.com
- schedule phone (and in some cases online) appointments through the Student Appointment Scheduler with your assigned advisor, if they have open appointments
- call 812-855-6768 to access the first available phone-in advisor during the following hours:
Schedule Phone-in Advising Availability Spring Break
- Mon-Fri, 9:00am-noon & 1:00-4:00pm
Extended Spring Break
- Mon, Wed-Fri, 9:00am-noon & 1:00-4:00pm
- Tue, 1:00-4:00pm
After Spring Break
Beginning March 30
- Mon, Wed-Fri, 10:00am-4:30pm
- Tue, 1:00-4:30pm
If you already have a scheduled in-person appointment, someone will reach out to you by email with instructions on how to complete your appointment. We encourage you to reach out to your assigned advisor or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
For the latest IU updates on the coronavirus, visit coronavirus.iu.edu.