Committee Jurisdiction: Primary jurisdictions are K-12 education generally, certificated employees of schools, school finance, and school facilities.
The committee office is located in the Legislative Office Building, 1020 N Street, Room 159. Office phone number: (916) 319-2087
Below are links to current guidance pertaining to the COVID-19 school closures:
- April 4 Executive Order to provide expanded access to child care for essential workers.
- SPI statement regarding the 2019-20 school year
- SB 117 COVID-19 LEA Response Funds
- CDE guidance on high school grading and graduation requirements
- UC, CSU, CCC and independent colleges admissions policies
- General COVID-19 and Schools FAQs
- SAT and Advanced Placement information from The College Board
- Labor-Management agreement on employment issues during closures
- Weekly updates from CDE: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
SB 117 addresses funding to local educational agencies, suspension of some statutory timelines, among other topics.
- Official Message from the CDE Director of Special Education (March 23, 2020)
- USDOE Supplemental Fact Sheet on Special Education (March 21, 2020)