Table of Contents
Closer to the Job of Your Dreams
Your college experience ultimately helps illuminate the path toward the job of your dreams and the career of a lifetime. Fort Hays State University past and present students alike have utilized our offered resources and network of connections to get ahead – and stay there.
Advance Your Future
Get Ready, Get Set
Stay ahead of the work – and the competition – by preparing yourself with the necessary knowledge and tools that will help you excel.
- What’s my four-year plan? Prepare for your future by following this road map to your dream career.
- Resume & Cover Letter Assistance– Write a resume and cover letter with the help of Career Services to help you land the job interview that sets you up for your future.
- Interviewing – Develop your interview skills through mock interviews, our online video interview training software Big Interview, and sample interview questions so your practice can make perfect when the right opportunity comes.
- Networking– Create lines of communication within the job market and build a network of professionals who understand your search.
- Job Search Booklet– You don’t have to search alone. Take information with you on how best to dress, search for jobs, maintain a personal calendar, and get ahead in finding the right job.
- Workshops– Enhance your career readiness by attending workshops on topics such as a resume writing, navigating a career fair, and job search resources.
- Graduate School Resources– Thinking about graduate school? Learn more about writing personal statements and admissions information.
- Tailored for Tigers – Fort Hays State University and Master Cleaners have partnered to offer a clothing closet for all Fort Hays State students who want to dress to impress in their interviews, business presentations, career fairs or other professional activities.
Find an Internship or Job
Fort Hays State University is here to help get you ready not only to graduate, but to pursue the career of your choice. Whether you are still enrolled and looking for an internship or part-time job or getting ready to graduate and pursue career opportunities, our vacancy listings can help you get ahead.
- Handshake – Explore full-time job and internship listings, resume referrals, alumni networking and on-campus interviewing opportunities.
- GoinGlobal – Get information for students and alumni looking to job search globally and internationally.
- Internships – Apply your classroom learning, explore career options, and gain relevant work experience through internship opportunities.
- Career Fairs – Meet a large variety of potential employers under one roof with information on potential jobs and internship opportunities.
Fort Hays State University helps produce and provide opportunities to excel – within the classroom and far beyond. See more on how our graduates have taken the lead in their lives with a degree from us.
SEE THE SUCCESSES