Table of Contents
While the coronavirus has disrupted all our lives, please know that the Cawley Career Education Center is committed to supporting you consistently and creatively during the next few months and beyond. See below for ways to connect with us, and, as always, check Handshake, visit our website or reach out to [email protected] with any questions.
Director, Cawley Career Education Center
Meet with us.
- Drop-Ins: Drop-in appointments are available Monday — Friday between 1 — 3 p.m. and Monday — Thursday, 6 to 9 p.m. via georgetown.zoom.us/j/417727789. Undergraduate students will be connected with an advisor for a 15-minute meeting on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Appointments: Virtual appointments for industry guidance, general career exploration, and practice interviews are available through Handshake. Sign up as usual (click ‘Career Center,’ then ‘Schedule Appointment’) and your advisor will be in touch with a virtual meeting invitation.
- Zoom Meetings by class year: Come with any questions you have; we’re here for you.
Connect with employers.
- Events: We are reaching out to employers and will update Handshake event listings daily. Some employers will choose to switch to a virtual format while others may opt to cancel. Bear with us as there could be many changes on this front, and check Handshake for the latest.
- On Campus Interviews: If you have an on-campus interview scheduled through Handshake, your interview slot will remain the same (unless you hear otherwise from the employer). You will participate in the interview virtually and will receive instructions on how to connect at your specified time.
- Other Interviews: If you have an interview already scheduled, please reach out directly to the employer to ask about any changes to their process.
- Job/Internship Applications: Keep applying! We are gathering information from employers as things evolve, and will issue more guidance via our newsletters. All undergrads receive our general newsletter by email and we will also post the most current newsletter here on our website.
- Network with alumni: Reach out to alumni working in the fields you’re interested in to understand changes and best practices during this time. Hoya Gateway is a great place to find alumni who are eager to assist.
Tell us what you need.
Fill out this form to let us know your most pressing needs/questions and anything you’re experiencing or hearing from employers at this point. We will triage your question and respond with next steps within the next business day.
Thank you to our spring 2020 employer sponsors!