Table of Contents
USC Dornsife Career Pathways is committed to students’ career exploration, development, and personal health and well-being. USC Dornsife Career Pathways will continue to serve its students and provide career services and resources amid the larger University efforts to address COVID-19. To do so, we are moving our operation and services to a full on-line and remote model until further notice from USC Dornsife and University leadership.
The delivery of our services will continue as follows:
- Career Advisement – You can continue to schedule appointments with career advisors at this link or through our website. Appointments will be conducted by phone. However, Advisors will follow-up with students prior to scheduled appointment to provide video conference option.
- Work it Series – All previously scheduled Work it Series Seminars will take place on-line. You can register here to receive webinar access links.
- Employer Oppor2nity – Employer/Organization visits will transition to virtual visits
- Career Networking Expos – The Social Sciences Career Networking Expo Scheduled for April 1, 2020 is postponed to Fall 2020 or until further notice.
- Gateway Internship Program – The Gateway Internship Program will continue as planned this summer until further notice. Students participating in Gateway will be notified about adjustments or changes to on-campus seminars and events in accordance with current University, State, and Federal guidelines
Career resources will continue to be available to students on-line:
- Dornsife Career Pathways Website: Your virtual USC Dornsife career center
- Career Pathways Newsletter: Bi-monthly career, internship, and job opportunity newsletter
- Dornsife Career Pathways Social Media: Stay connected! Follow us on Instagram & Facebook
- Major 2 Career: Access and download career exploration and planning guides
- VMOCK: You can receive resume review and critique via our on-line virtual intelligence platform
- A+: you connect with other campus career and experiential learning opportunities
- connectSC: You can still access to all University career services and resources
We will continue to work with employers and organizations throughout the spring and summer. Contact us if you are interested in posting an internship or job opportunity or would like to host a virtual recruitment event.
Thank you for flexibility and understanding.
Octavio Avila, Director, Career Pathways
Meet the Advisors
Career Pathways Director | Humanities Career Advisor | [email protected]
I’ve been a proud member of the USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts, and Sciences family for 15 years and over 19 years total at USC. I’ve had the opportunity to work with students and their families from admission to advisement. I now take special pride to be able to work with students as they consider and prepare for their careers after USC.
Natural Sciences Career Advisor | [email protected]
After working in the public education system for almost a decade, including early education, K-12, CSU, and community colleges, I am thrilled and grateful for the opportunity to join the USC Dornsife Career Pathways team. The best part of being a career counselor is having the privilege to work with diverse student populations from all walks of life to learn from each other, share experience, and provide support. The tremendous development and transformation that I witnessed in students motivate me to do what I love to do as a counselor. It is so exciting and humbling to do life together and learn new things every day with students as I serve and empower each of them. I look forward to getting to know you and supporting you as you work on achieving your academic, personal, and career goals.
Social Sciences Career Advisor | [email protected]
Working in Career Services at both UCLA and USC since 2013 has solidified my interest and passion for becoming a dedicated higher education and student affairs professional. I consider myself a life-long learner, which led to my decision to pursue a Master’s Degree in Postsecondary Administration and Student Affairs at the USC Rossier School of Education. My interests and goals include working closely with students to help them understand, develop, and refine their academic and career aspirations, values, and skills. I am also committed to providing students with information about various resources and services that will help them make informed decisions about their career.
Graduate Assistant | [email protected]
During my undergraduate years at UCSD, I worked in student services which set the foundation for my preference to pursue a career in higher education. Currently, I am a graduate student at USC Rossier, pursuing a Master’s in Educational Counseling, while concurrently working as the Graduate Assistant with Career Pathways, managing all forms of communication between the department and students. I enjoy advising students at every step of their career development journey and regularly research best-practices to develop students’ skills.