The Louisville Cardinals (3-6, 2-6 ACC) visit the Boston College Eagles (5-4, 4-4) Saturday for a 4 p.m. ET kickoff. Below, we analyze the Louisville-Boston College college football betting odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
Louisville at Boston College: Betting odds, spread and lines
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Friday at 10:40 a.m. ET.
- Money line: Louisville -106 (bet $106 to win $100) | Boston College -115 (bet $115 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Louisville +1 (-110) | Boston College -1 (-110)
- Over/Under: 55.5 (O: -106 | U: -115)
Louisville at Boston College: Three things to know
- Louisville picked up an impressive 30-0 win over Syracuse last week, covering a 19.5-point number. The Cardinals have struggled overall, but they are 3-1 straight up and ATS as favorites this season. They’re are 0-5 SU/1-3-1 ATS as underdogs.
- Boston College was dumped 45-31 at home as a 13-point dog in its most recent game. The Eagles have alternated wins and losses in their past eight games. The good news is they haven’t lost consecutive outings this season.
- The Cardinals are 6-21-1 ATS in their past 28 games against teams with a winning record, while going 4-12-1 ATS in their past 17 road games against a team with a winning home mark. The Eagles are 22-8-1 ATS in their past 31 ACC battles, and 5-2-1 ATS in their past eight off a bye.
Get some action on this game or any other matchup with a legal, online bet at BetMGM in CO, IN, NJ, TN and WV. Risk-free first bet up to $500, paid in free bets. Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Louisville at Boston College: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Boston College 24, Louisville 20
Money line (ML)
BOSTON COLLEGE (-115) gets Louisville on its home field, but this one won’t be lopsided. The Cards have already lost six games, but they pitched a shutout last time out against Syracuse, and their pass defense will keep BC QB Phil Jurkovec fairly in check.
Jurkovec separated his shoulder on Halloween at Clemson, but he is expected to be ready after limited throwing and practice this week to ease him back to health. He might be without his favorite target, though, as WR Zay Flowers (shoulder) is a question mark. If he can’t go, the Eagles might run a little more.
Against the spread (ATS)
BOSTON COLLEGE -1 (-110) is 3-2 SU/ATS at home this season. If Jurkovec is healthy this is a completely different team. He has thrown for 2,355 yards with 17 touchdowns and just five interceptions while running for 130 yards and three scores. The Eagles are still talented enough, even if Flowers cannot go, to get by the Cards.
UNDER 55.5 (-115) is the best play on the board, as the Eagles might use a more ground-based attack to protect Jurkokec from aggravating his injury. Plus, Louisville is strong against the pass, but very susceptible to the big play via the run. Running keeps the clock moving, and is a friend to Under bettors.
Want some action in this one? Place a bet at BetMGM now. For more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com. Please gamble responsibly.
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Alabama / Auburn / Florida / Georgia / LSU / Michigan / Michigan State / Notre Dame / Ohio State / Oklahoma / Tennessee / Texas / USC / Wisconsin
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.