Table of Contents
Video Description: Oberlin Scenes
This silent video makes quick cuts, with each of the following segments lasting 2 or 3 seconds.
From an aerial view, the Oberlin campus comes into focus, followed by:
- A dancer stretches in a dance studio.
- A conductor leads an orchestra, viewed from behind and above the musicians.
- A baseball player fields ground balls during practice.
- A bicyclist pedals along a path toward Memorial Arch.
- A professor teaches in a classroom.
- A trombonist rehearses.
- A swimmer performs the butterfly stroke.
- A silhouetted person approaches the curved wall outside Hall Auditorium at night.
- Several groups of students work in a science lab.
- A student is animated while explaining the artwork behind her.
- An athlete runs past a building on a cold morning.
- The strings of a double bass vibrate as they are played by a jazz musician.
- A student explains an idea.
- A pianist practices on a Steinway grand piano.
- In a museum gallery, a group of students gazes at a painting.
- A singer and piano accompanist rehearse in a sunny room.
- A student in class holds a pen while speaking.
- Holding a boom microphone, a student makes a recording.
- A student cook prepares fresh vegetables.
The video then loops back to the beginning.
Experience Oberlin, Virtually
We have suspended all admission-related campus visits and admitted student events until May 1 due to COVID-19 and the emphasis on the safety of our community. While we are unable to welcome you to campus, we hope that you will engage with us through our virtual information sessions, virtual tour, and more.
Oberlin’s annual LaunchU competition is open to aspiring student entrepreneurs. It is the culmination of a venture incubator and intensive boot camp for students held primarily over winter term. Winners receive startup funding to support and market their fledgling business.
Psychology Students Develop Technology to Help Adolescents Manage Chronic Pain
March 13, 2019
Professor and Chair of Psychology Nancy Darling’s students are working with the Cleveland Clinic to develop a research-based app that helps young people with chronic pain manage their symptoms.
From the Blogs
Hopefully you can implement some of these practices into your socially distanced life.
Adjustment is a part of life.
Things I Miss About Oberlin
March 23, 2020
I found myself as a person at Oberlin, and I am so grateful for the friends that I have made along the way.
“Oberlin kinda lets you naturally find your passion. Once you figure it out, there are tons of resources. When I was looking for industry positions, I reached out to six or seven alums, and they all got back to me and gave me referrals to the companies they worked for. Oberlin’s alumni network is really great. Everyone wants you to succeed.”
Matt Banda ’19