Hours of Operation
Open daily* 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday-Friday 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
* Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s days.
Start hightlighted content.
The health of our community—including guests, staff, volunteers and neighbors—is a top priority for the California Science Center. Accordingly, we are following guidance from state and local health authorities as we closely monitor and respond the global outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Stuck at home science
Continue your child’s science learning with our easy to follow activities. This space is designed for families to explore, investigate, and learn together without ever needing to leave the house.
End hightlighted content.
Admission to the Science Center’s permanent exhibition galleries is FREE (excluding IMAX and Special Exhibits). Enhance your experience by viewing an educational movie at our IMAX Theater or reserving timed admission to view Space Shuttle Endeavour and any of our special exhibitions.
Field Trips and Groups
The Science Center offers self-guided experiences of Permanent and Special Exhibit galleries, Big Lab interactive programs, and IMAX Movies at discounted prices for Field Trips and Groups of 15 or more.
Directions, Parking and Transportation
South of downtown Los Angeles, the Science Center is located in historic Exposition Park which is across the street from the Expo Park/USC Station on the Metro Expo Line. By car, the Science Center is two blocks west of the Harbor (110) Freeway at the Exposition Boulevard exit.
Science Center Map
Plan your self-guided experience of the Science Center.
We are devoted to making the Science Center accessible and enjoyable for everyone.
Enjoy a meal from one of our dining options located on the Science Center’s 1st floor or grab a snack at the IMAX Theater’s concession stand.
Take your science learning home by shopping for educational gadgets, games and souvenirs at the Explorastore.
Plan an Event
Whether it’s an intimate setting for forty or an extravaganza for four thousand, the California Science Center is the ideal setting for your corporate, nonprofit, or social event.
About Exposition Park
Learn more about Exposition Park and neighboring attractions.
The California Science Center is an ideal destination for everyone – families, groups, adults and children. Here are a few tips to help make your visit more enjoyable.
- During the weekdays in fall, winter and spring, the best time to visit is after 1:00 p.m. due to heavy group attendance. It is best to arrive as early as possible on weekends.
- Don’t miss our Special Exhibits. They change throughout the year, always offering new and interesting ways to learn about science.
- Advanced tickets highly recommended for Special Exhibits, IMAX or Endeavour (when applicable).
- When you arrive, be sure to check at the Information Center for the day’s special activities.
- If you are with children 7 and under, stop by the Discovery Rooms in Creative World, Ecosystems and World of Life for some hands-on learning.
- Individual parking costs $12 until 5:00 p.m. and $15 after 5:00 p.m. It is located in the parking structure at the corner of 39th Street and Figueroa. Bus and RV parking is available.
Lost and Found
The California Science Center will do its best to help reunite guests with their lost property.
- During Your Visit: Stop by the Information Desk located near the south entrance to the Science Center to get help with any Lost and Found inquiries. Please note that the Information Desk is open 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily.
- After Your Visit: If you realize you lost something at the Science Center, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that Office Hours are from 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m., Monday through Friday.