Syracuse, N.Y. — Upstate University Hospital has limited hospital visitations as coronavirus cases in Onondaga County increase, hospital officials said Wednesday.
Visits had been allowed from 2 p.m. through 8 p.m. everyday, though any visitation will now have to follow strict guidelines.
Onondaga County officials said there were 70 new coronavirus cases Wednesday, the most cases in one day since the pandemic began. The announcement followed a week of increased cases.
Limited visitation will be allowed for:
- End of life decision-making, with authorized approval.
- Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital will allow two parents, guardians or support persons older than 18 years old. They must stay at the bedside and cannot come and go.
- One parent or support person may accompany children 18 years old or younger for surgery and procedures.
- Upstate University Hospital Emergency Departments does not currently allow visitors, except in situations involving end-of-life, disability or dementia.
- Upstate’s Pediatric Emergency