This online course is approved for 16 CE credit hours for psychologists, therapists, social workers, counselors, nurses, and members of NIRSA. A shorter, introductory version is approved for 6 CE credit hours. Continuing Education for this course is co-sponsored by R. Cassidy Seminars.
To earn CE credit hours for participating in this online course, you must:
1. Register for CE credit through the course’s continuing education co-sponsor, R. Cassidy Seminars (RCS), paying for either 16 CE credit hours or 6 CE credit hours. When you register for CE credit, you will create a login through the RCS website.
2. Follow this link to register separately for The Science of Happiness for free on edX, the platform that hosts the course. You may choose the “Audit This Course (No Certificate)” registration option or the Verified Certificate option for $49.
Audit Option: If you choose the free Audit option, you will have limited access to some course materials and have access to course materials for 10 weeks starting from the date that you register. After that point, you will no longer have access to course materials
Verified Option: The Verified Certificate on edX.org does not provide CE credits, but does include access to course assessments and additional materials, as well as unlimited access to course materials (no time limit). Verified track students also receive a certificate of completion (for non-CE purposes).
3. Complete a self-test measuring your understanding of the course material. You can access the self-test through the R. Cassidy Seminars website any time after the course launches. You can answer test questions while you’re still taking the course or after you’ve completed the entire course, and you can stop the test at any time—you’ll just need to click the Submit Answers button before leaving the page. When you next log in, you will return to the page that follows your last submitted answers. A score of 75 percent is required to pass the test. Should you score less than 75 percent, you will have the opportunity to view your incorrect responses and retake the test immediately.
4. Once you pass the test, an evaluation form will come up on your screen. Please fill this out completely, as it is a requirement of each licensing board.
5. A continuing education certificate of completion will appear on your screen after you’ve passed the self-test and filled out the evaluation. We recommend that you print it for your records, though R. Cassidy Seminars does maintain a record of your course completion and your certificate in case you need it in the future.
For any questions related to continuing education credit for this course, email R. Cassidy Seminars staff at [email protected] or call them at 888-992-9199.
Click the links below to learn more and register for the 16 or 6 CE version.
16 CE hours, $199
6 CE hours, $99
Continuing Education is co-sponsored by R. Cassidy Seminars.
Satisfactory Completion Participants must have paid course fee, submitted signed verification statement, completed evaluation, and completed post-test with passing grade of 75% in order to receive a certificate. Failure to complete and submit these materials will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available.
R. Cassidy Seminars is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to offer continuing education for psychologists. R. Cassidy Seminars maintains responsibility for this program. 6 or 16 CE hours.
NY: R. Cassidy Seminars is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychoanalysts. #P-0005. (6 or 16) clock hours
NY: R. Cassidy Seminars is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider (#0006) of continuing education for licensed social workers. This program is approved for 6 or 16 contact hours self-study.
OH: Provider approved by the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board for (6 or 16) clock hours, #RCST110701.
Counselors/Marriage and Family Therapists
CA: The BBS has deferred CE course approval for its licensee to APA and ASWB
IL: Illinois Dept of Professional Regulation, Approved Continuing Education Sponsor, #168-000141. (6 or 16) hours.
NY-LMHCs:R. Cassidy Seminars is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board of Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors. #MHC-0015. (6 or 16)) contact hours.
NY-LMFTs: R. Cassidy Seminars is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board of Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists. #MFT-0011. (6 or 16)) contact hours.
OH: Provider approved by the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board for (6 or 16)) clock hours, #RCST110701.
TX: Approved CE Sponsor through the Texas State Board of Examiners of Marriage & Family Therapists. 6 or 16) credit hours. Provider #151.
Creative Arts Therapists
NY: R. Cassidy Seminars is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board of Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed creative arts therapists. #CAT-0005. (6 or 16)) contact hours
Chemical Dependency Counselors
CA: Provider approved by CCAPP, Provider #4N-00-434-0220 for (6 or 16)) CEHs. CCAPPis an ICRC member which has reciprocity with most ICRC member states
TX: Provider approved by the TCBAP Standards Committee, Provider No. 1749-06, (6 or 16) hours general, Expires 3/2019. Complaints about provider or workshop content may be directed to the TCBAP Standards Committee, 1005 Congress Avenue, Ste. 460, Austin, Texas 78701, Fax Number (512) 476-7297.
CA: Provider approved by the CA Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CeP12224, for (6 or 16)) contact hours.
TX: R. Cassidy Seminars is an approved provider with the Texas Education Agency CPE# 501456. This course is (6 or 16)) CE Hours.
[AOTA] R. Cassidy Seminars is an AOTA approved provider # 6782. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Occupational therapists will receive a certificate of completion for (6 or 16)) CE hours. 1 CE hour(s) = .1 AOTA CE(s).
Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations please contact our office 30 days or more before the start of the course. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.